CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Savory Sunday!

I found this recipe in the newspaper as I was cutting out some coups the other day. (another great reason to get the paper, new recipes!) I made it for dinner that night and we LOVED it! It will for sure go into my meal rotation! You can snag the pasta for FREE and the Cream of Mushroom Soup for $0.59 at Smith's this week!

Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo

8 ounces linguine, I used Ronzoni Garden Delight (FREE)
1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets (from my Bountiful Basket last week)
2 Tablespoons butter
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (from my chicken stock pile in my freezer $1.69/lb)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup ($0.59)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Italian blend cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Prepare linguine according to package. Add broccoli during the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain well in colander

Heat butter is a skillet and gook over medium heat until browned. (I added some garlic seasoning to the chicken while cooking) Cut chicken into pieces.

Stir soup, milk, cheese and pepper together. Add soup mixture, linguine mixture and chicken back to skillet and cook until hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally.

I served it with our favorite go to garlic bread!

Slice french bread. Butter all pieces and then sprinkle with garlic salt and paprika. Broil in oven. Watch bread closely, it will burn quickly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment