CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 19, 2010

Cheap and Cute Thanksgiving crafts for kids!

I helped my son and his little Joy School buddies make these this week. They are pretty cute and easy!

The Pilgrim Hat is made from a clay pot painted black, white cardstock for the band and yellow cardstock for the buckle. Super easy and cute! I snagged the idea from this cute site called Jellybean Junkyard and just modified it a bit. On her site she uses chalkboard paint so you can write names on the hats to use as place cards for Thanksgiving dinner. Check out her tutorial here.

The Turkey Hat I modified from Family Fun. It is made from different colors of cardstock. Adjust the band to fit your child's head. I used packing tape to hold it together and to apply the feathers, that I free hand cut. Cut a white circle for the head, a small gold square, folded in half, for the beak and free hand a red wattle, glue them on. Use googlie eyes, pom poms, or paper for the eyes, glue them on. There are better instructions on the Family Fun site. The hats where supposed to have wings made from cut out hand prints, but I did not do this due to 6 over hyper Joy School kids. I think the hat is still cute without them!

1 comments:

Anonymous

THANK YOU for the feature!

Post a Comment